About Dr. Zakiuddin Ahmed :
Dr. Zakiuddin Ahmed is a visionary strategist, healthcare entrepreneur & a physician advocate who specializes in developing socially beneficial, sustainable& innovative solutions in Healthcare through information technology with a Patient-Centric focus.
His areas of interest, expertise, and experience are :
- eHealth, mHealth, Telemedicine, Digital Health
- Patient Safety & Healthcare Quality
- Digital Marketing in Healthcare
- Clinical Research
- Healthcare Leadership
His leadership positions include :
- President, Healthcare Quality & Safety Association of Pakistan ( HQSAP)
- Secretary, Health Research Advisory Board (HRAB)
- President, OPEN Karachi
- Country Representative, HIFA
Currently, he holds the following positions in different companies :
- Program Director – RAH@H, King Saud University, Riyadh www.rahah.org
- President, Healthcare Quality & Safety Association of Pakistan (HQSAP)
- Project Director, Riphah Institute of Healthcare Improvement & Safety (RIHIS) www.riphah.edu.pk
- Secretary Health Research & Advisory board, HRAB www.healthrab.org
- Director Digital Health, PharmEvo www.pharmevo.biz
- Director- Institute of Leadership Excellence www.ile.guru
- CEO, Digital Care www.digital-care.net
- CEO, Medical Voice www.medicalvoice.net.pk
As a globally recognized & invited speaker, Dr. Zaki regularly speaks at eHealth, mHealth, Digital Health and Patient Safety conferences around the world and serves on the boards of various international conferences and organizations.
Dr. Zaki organized the 1st International Conference on Patient Safety in Pakistan and also founded the Healthcare Quality & Safety Association of Pakistan.
Dr. Zaki developed the guidelines for Ethical Relationship between Physicians & Pharma for the MoH, PCS, and PIMA.
As an expert in Digital Health, Dr. Zaki has offered consultancy on eHealth & mHealth to global organizations including WHO, Arther D. Little (ADL) & Telenor
Dr. Zakiuddin contributed to the development of “WHO-ITU National eHealth Strategy Toolkit” as an independent expert reviewer.
He, as the focal person, had earlier conducted the 2nd Global eHealth survey 2009 of WHO Global Observatory for eHealth for Pakistan.
Dr. Zaki is a founding trustee of eHealth Association of Pakistan (eHAP). He has been the National Coordinator for Telemedicine & eHealth, MoH, Government of Pakistan & Focal Person for eHealth for WHO.
Dr. Zaki helped create the Health Research Advisory Board (HRAB) and developed a workshop “Patient First” on Patient-Centric Healthcare.
His “Country’s First” projects include: “Medical Call Center-TeleDr”; FightObesity.info; Health Asia; “Hub & Spoke” Telemedicine Project- HOPE; Family Health Membership Program- City Health Card; Videoconferencing Studio and Services; National & International Telemedicine / eHealth Conference, First International Conference on Patient Safety- ICPS 2016, among others.
Dr. Zaki has worked with super specialty hospitals of Singapore, Turkey, India, Thailand, Saudi Arabia & UAE for creating meaningful collaborations. He created the Mirror Site for Supercourse, world’s largest online repository of medical presentations, in Pakistan.
For his contributions in the entrepreneurial space, he has been awarded as the “Most Promising Entrepreneurs Award” by E-Global Awards 2012.
He is on the board of OPEN Global, USA.
Dr. Zaki has a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and a Master’s degree in Health Management. He has also successfully completed a course on Entrepreneurship from MIT, Boston.